When should I arrive at the game site?
- Officials working Sub-Varsity assignments should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the game.
- Officials working Varsity assignments should arrive 1 hour before the start of the game.
- Officials working Playoff assignments should arrive 90 minutes before the start of the game.
- Clock operators and members of the chain crew should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the game.
What should I do if I have back-to-back games on the same day?
- Please contact the Referee and other members of the crew to notify them that you might be late for the pregame meeting.
What is the procedure if an official does not report to a game assignment?
- Please call Robert Straughter (202-536-8960) or Al Ferraro (301-384-4562) to notify them of the missed assignment.
What are the requirements to work Playoff games?
- Need to have worked at least five Varsity high school games during the season.
- Need to have scored a minimum of 85 % on the NFHS Rules Exam for that season.
- Need to have attended the MPSSAA Football Rules Interpretations Clinic for that season.