When should I arrive at the game site?
- Officials working Sub-Varsity assignments should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the game.
- Officials working Varsity assignments should arrive 1 hour before the start of the game.
- Officials working Playoff assignments should arrive 90 minutes before the start of the game.
- Clock operators and members of the chain crew should arrive 30 minutes before the start of the game.
What should I do if I have back-to-back games on the same day?
- Contact the Referee and other members of the crew to notify them that you might be late for the pregame meeting.
What is the procedure if an official does not report to a game assignment?
- Call Wesley Brown (301-661-0035) to report the missed assignment.
What are the requirements to work Playoff games?
- Scored a minimum of 85% on the NFHS Football Rules Exam.
- Completed the MPSSAA Football Rules Clinic.
- Paid the MPSSAA Registration Fee.
- Other factors may also be considered by the Commissioner for Playoff assignments including games worked during the season, total officiating experience, and meeting attendance.