Training News and Notes
» Training Materials
» Game Presentation
Presentation at the 2007 All-Day Clinic by NFL Referee Terry McAulay
View the Presentation or Download the Presentation (79kB PPT)
» Heat/Humidity vs. Fluids/Electrolytes
Presentation at the 2007 All-Day Clinic by Charles Lamertina
View the Presentation or Download the Presentation (55kB PPT)
How to prepare for the exam (8kB PDF)
Excellent article by Jack Weiland on exam preparation.
How to succeed in football officiating
"If you work hard and keep a positive attitude, something good may happen. If you don't, it won't."
- Richie Williamson, former WDFOA member and ACC football official
- Observe the action, digest the results, then make the decision
- Every play kills itself - the later the whistle, the better
- Awareness after the whistle - be a great dead-ball official
- Be in cruise control mentally and physically
- Poise under pressure - never meet emotion with emotion
- Professionalism has no limits - look the part, act the part
- Communication - make sure the proper people get the proper information at the proper time
» When ruling on a play, slow down, and when you think you've slowed down, slow down some more
You will need Adobe Reader
to view PDF documents on this page.
Last Modified: Tuesday, 25-Jun-2013 12:07 ET